The 1727 Heelstat with Adjust-a-Stat Foot Grounder Insert and Resistor is a completely adjustable design, manufactured to the highest standards of quality and versatility. It can be worn on any size low heel or flat soled shoe. Comfort Flex velcro closure rests comfortably across the instep. Contact with the wearer is provided via a conductive strip insert that fits into the shoe. ADJUST-A-STAT insert is made of conductive fabric. Addition of 1 MEG resistor. Optional 510K, 270K, 51K resistor available
1721 Heelstat Footgrounder:
Foot Grounders are a helpful alternative for grounding, standing, or mobile workers. Great alternative for operators moving around in an ESD Protected Area (EPA).
- They are designed to reliably contact grounded ESD flooring and deliver a continual path-to-ground by removing electrostatic charges from workers.
- Structure of foot grounders:
- ESD Foot grounders discharge static from a person to ground by connecting the person to a grounded walking surface.
- The conductive ribbon placed inside the shoe or sock makes electrical contact with the skin through perspiration.
- The ribbon is then connected to a resistor which restricts electrical current should unexpected exposure to electricity occur.
- The opposite end of the resistor is connected to a conductive sole.
- Wearing a foot grounder on BOTH FEET guarantees contact with ground via the ESD floor even when one foot is lifted off the floor.
- Advantages of using ESD foot grounders:
- One size fits most foot sizes/shoe sizes
- No “warm up period” required, unlike most ESD shoes
Submit your review